Updated May 2018
What information do we collect?
The information collected may include:
- Your name, job role, work address, home address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, photograph, social media details, LinkedIn profile
- Your educational history, qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- Details on your current level of remuneration (including benefit entitlements)
- Information about your entitlement to work in the UK (passport details), National Insurance number and contact details of referees
- Your marketing preferences
- We do not store sensitive personal data which is personal to you and irrelevant to our consideration of your suitability for a job role
How do we collect your data?
We may collect your data via you (including where you have provided us with your contact details or other information for the purpose of using our recruitment services or provided us with a cv), online registration via our website or other online jobsites, other candidates, other contacts, social media, LinkedIn, networking events, interviews, telephone, facetime or Skype conversations.
Why do we store your data?
We store your data as is necessary in order to provide our recruitment service and in so doing we carry out some processing of personal data which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
We must comply with a number of statutory provisions when providing our recruitment services, which necessitate the processing of personal data. These include the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
We are also required to comply with tax, bribery, fraud prevention and data protection legislation and cooperate with authorities such as HMRC or the ICO.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data:
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to respond better to your individual needs)
- To communicate with you and notify you of potential roles/ opportunities or candidates
- To assess and review your suitability for job roles/introducing you to clients
- To retain records of our dealing and the purpose of backing up information we hold on you or your organisation
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and needs)
The contact details you provide may be used to send you information, respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Who we share personal data with?
We may share your personal information with:
Individuals (clients and candidates) and other third parties necessary for the provision of our recruitment services, legal and professional advisors, insures, any regulatory authority pursuant to a request for information of any legal obligation that applies to us
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information by either saving it on a secure database with restricted access or erasing it after we no longer need it.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website, which enables the website to tailor its offerings to your preferences when you visit it.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties with whom we have mutually agreed to share your details, so long as both parties agree to keep the information in line with GDPR legislation.
How long do we hold personal data?
It is our policy to only store your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for us to comply with our legal obligation and for our legitimate business interests.
It is our policy to hold personal data on our system for 7 years. After 7 years without contact we review the data and either erase it or reconfirm reasons for holding it. However this does not apply if we have been in recent contact.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and it is important that you know your rights within that context, which include rights to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we hold
- Be informed of how your data is being processed
- Erasure or removal from our database
- Request that we restrict processing of your data in certain circumstances
- Request that inaccurate or incomplete data is rectified
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office and request that contact and data by us to you is stopped (however if you are dissatisfied about any aspect of the way in which your data is processed you may, in the first instance refer the matter to Saffron Prentice – email@example.com. This does not affect your right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office).
020 7839 0135
8 Northumberland Avenue