A hugely successful, high-end contract caterer operating within the business and industry (B&I) sector, this dynamic organisation is continuing to grow, develop and diversify their business. With a clear focus on food quality, innovation and service excellence, this leading foodservice company creates exceptional workplace dining and social experiences across a range of industries and multisite contracts, offering exciting opportunities for career development.
My client is looking to really propel their new business and retention activity in London and the South East. This is a new senior leadership role reporting directly to the MD and joining a well-established, specialist team of experienced and focused operators.
Focusing mainly on the London/greater London market, as Business Development Director you will create and implement the sales strategy, driving measurable market penetration, sales and profit growth within the corporate and B&I market, whilst maintaining and growing exceptional client relationships with both existing and new client portfolios.
• You will identify key local and national opportunities in the B&I contract catering services marketplace, progress service and product development and innovation and develop key partnerships in order to position the company’s offering robustly for future sustainable growth
• You will develop exciting, winning bid strategies by managing first-hand the entire sales process from PQQ and ITT stages right through to contract negotiation stage and early mobilisation phases
• Driving the development of creative and compelling bids and sales documents, you will also be expected to manage the preparation of competitive tender finances, meet all deadlines in good time and maintain the security and confidential status of all sales information
• This role is highly proactive and your focus will be on building a substantial pipeline for new business, growing meaningful client relationships as well as the successful retention of current contracts
• You will liaise with all relevant wider Food and Operational Contract Management teams across the organisation, working effectively and collaboratively with them to support the sales process.
The successful candidate will have a significant depth and breadth of multi-site managerial experience to Director-level, ideally across a compelling range of high-
• You will have extensive experience delivering sales results in the B&I contract catering and corporate hospitality world, ideally combined with a background in an operational capacity.
• A passion for great food and service is essential – you will absolutely know ‘what good looks like’ in a hospitality setting and be able to bring this to life in documents and presentations
• With a positive outlook, you’ll thrive under pressure and bring a high level of initiative, creativity and problem solving skills
• With excellent sales, strategy and negotiation skills, as such you will have the ability to impress clients, deliver compelling presentations and secure great contracts
• Well organised, creative, hardworking and resourceful, you’ll love being on the go and ‘making things happen’.
Originally from NZ, I moved to London in 1997 with no real plans other than to travel & gobble up as many cultural & culinary experiences as possible! My UK career soon led me into a number of exciting positions spanning operations, events, business development. These experiences have provided me with a huge appreciation of the wonderful, creative people that fuel this vibrant industry. Having known Troika for most of my career in the UK, I was excited to join the team in 2017 and have loved every minute I have spent recruiting for the industry I absolutely love – it is my most rewarding role yet! Feel free to reach out to me on 07872 505969