A confidential appointment for an emerging concept that is just about raising high-level private equity investment to take the business to the next level. The brand has already got the industry talking, has an engaged and loyal fan base, and has national scalability potential.
Culturally they are a dynamic team that is focused on exceptional delivery, the business plan dictates the brand needs to prepare for rollout and looking for an MD to carefully manage this without losing its unique identity.
This position will effectively take ownership of the brand in its entirety, working alongside the Founder and the new investors taking full responsibility for the day-to-day operations with the objective of a future rollout.
This is a Board level position and the Managing Director will be accountable for leading a team that consists of finance, marketing, and HR and the operational structure will be defined by you on arrival.
The key attributes for the MD:
- An accomplished and proven operator at this level who is able to hit the ground running.
- Detail orientated with a relentless focus on ensuring uncompromising standards and procedures are in place to ensure the basics are right in all areas all of the time.
- Natural inspirer of people and a motivator but someone who is able to understand and relate to the culture that currently exists within the business.
- You need to be a real team builder and someone who is able to build strong respectful relationships with people who have been in the business a long time but also balanced with a new team who have been part of the recent growth.
- Must be comfortable getting close to the business, able to adopt a ‘hand on’ approach and not reliant on the corporate cushion that you may have experienced in their current position.
- Good at recognising and developing talent and putting in place development plans to improve individual performance where appropriate.
- The cultural fit is one of the most important elements to finding the right candidate. Must have an inclusive and visible management style and able to retain the family feel culture that makes this brand so special.
The successful candidate will have exposure to running and developing a quality branded restaurant business and be comfortable with all the opportunities and challenges that brings. You must be able to hit the ground running and adapt to the culture of the business quickly.
The key competencies are:
- A natural leader
- Close to the market with your finger on the pulse!
- Good marketing and branding experience
- Financially literate
- Entrepreneurial flair and the capacity to drive and deliver new ideas
- The ability to drive strategy through a team
Being a quality food-driven brand, you must have food credibility and be passionate about delivering outstanding service. The aspirations of the brand are to be a step above their high street competitors.
I absolutely LOVE, live & breathe the hospitality industry, initially as an operator and now as an expert in building knock out leadership teams to support the growth of businesses. We’ve worked incredibly hard to position Troika as a trusted, collaborative & dedicated advisor & partner to our industry’s very best, dedicated to career defining candidate journeys and well-matched appointments. I feel blessed and equally honoured to work with such an incredible team of experts in our field!!
Always here to talk so reach out to me anytime on my mobile 07932 999368