A respected and successful foodservice provider to a diverse portfolio of clients, mainly in southern regions of the UK, this business has traded very strongly throughout the pandemic and has a compelling pipeline of existing and new business to cultivate and grow. The organisation operates with a highly entrepreneurial mindset, and is robustly backed by an extremely supportive parent company to deliver their business strategy and commercial objectives. Recognised as market leaders in their specialist sector, they have doubled their portfolio in the past 18 months..
As Director of Operations for a successful UK foodservice provider, this role is responsible for the successful operational delivery of circa £16 million in revenue. You will report directly to the MD and be the most senior operational lead in the business, taking up an integral place on the senior leadership team. You will be fully accountable for the business’ commercial performance, and will manage effectively through proactive strategic planning and value propositions. Leading dynamically on employee engagement and talent management within the organisation is key, as is maintaining collaborative relationships with Finance, Business Development, HR, L&D and Clients. Maximising contract retention and supporting new business development will also be paramount, whilst always being a brand ambassador and reflecting the company’s ethos and values.s.
• Experience operating at Account Director level or Regional Operations management equivalent in the contract catering / foodservice sector – preferably experience in B&I or other quality contract/foodservice settings is an advantage
• Successfully worked at Multi Client, Operations, building and maintain client relationships.
• Proven track record of managing P&L, volume of at least £5m revenue pa, strong financial and accounting experience
• Leading, managing and coaching a geographically dispersed team
• Experience of working within a matrix designed organization is desirable
• Ability to manage in a results-driven environment with proven commercial experience
• Organisational and time management skills
• Commitment to execute operations through process orientation, standard operational procedures, and best practice
• Self-motivated & driven, can demonstrate great people leadership
• Selects and develops talented teams
• Effective communication skills; oral, written, presentation, influencing and negotiation
• Solves problems and actively seeks solid and sustainable solutions
• Effective at managing and supporting change
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent
Originally from NZ, I moved to London in 1997 with no real plans other than to travel & gobble up as many cultural & culinary experiences as possible! My UK career soon led me into a number of exciting positions spanning operations, events, business development. These experiences have provided me with a huge appreciation of the wonderful, creative people that fuel this vibrant industry. Having known Troika for most of my career in the UK, I was excited to join the team in 2017 and have loved every minute I have spent recruiting for the industry I absolutely love – it is my most rewarding role yet! Feel free to reach out to me on 07872 505969