This is a really exciting opportunity for to become the People Director for a fast growing and hugely dynamic restaurant brand. The business is well financed with private equity backing, have clarity of direction and a great people culture.
A Board level position, as People Director you will be responsible for driving the people agenda and everything connected to the team. You will lead culture and engagement, the recruitment and attraction strategy, your employee brand and voice in the market place, through to talent mapping and succession planning and the development of all employees at every level.
It will be your responsibility to define and drive a compelling people strategy that will both support and enhance performance across the existing estate, but will also enable the business to deliver on its growth ambitions.
The ability to work cross functionally, to influence and engage all in the HR strategy is critical as is the ability to inspire, support and develop your team. As People Director, you will be the guardian of culture and service proposition and must be relentless in bringing this to life in every restaurant across the country.
This is a unique opportunity and a really exciting time to join this company who have a positive culture and in need of a People Director to ensure that the business has a clear and true set of values aligned with the higher level strategic and tactical plans and that these are underpinned with robust policies, procedures and ways of working.
The successful People Director must be accomplished at this level and have a successful track record of leading a people strategy. The ideal candidate will have come from a business in growth and understand the operational people challenges and opportunities and able to build a plan and vision that will respond to this.
You must have a proven HR specialist and be able to multi-task to work in a fast paced environment.
The key qualities that that a successful candidate will own are:
- Will ideally have worked in hospitality businesses, but in-depth experience in a multi-site, operationally intensive business is critical, with a track record of developing effective, collaborative relationships with operating and executive teams.
- Will ideally have received a strong training in a larger “professional” business, but then developed further in smaller, more entrepreneurial, fast-paced businesses.
- Direct experience of, and comfort with, the full range of People / HR disciplines and able to demonstrate a clear track record of driving performance across multiple people measures in previous roles
- Experience of managing change with a clear appreciation of the support an organisation needs to deliver change, and of adapting and evolving the strategy to meet changing needs.
- Experience of operating as part of an Executive team, and comfortable with providing and receiving challenge in an Exec environment.
- Experience of operating in a business with engaged founders is an advantage.
I absolutely LOVE, live & breathe the hospitality industry, initially as an operator and now as an expert in building knock out leadership teams to support the growth of businesses. We’ve worked incredibly hard to position Troika as a trusted, collaborative & dedicated advisor & partner to our industry’s very best, dedicated to career defining candidate journeys and well-matched appointments. I feel blessed and equally honoured to work with such an incredible team of experts in our field!!
Always here to talk so reach out to me anytime on my mobile 07932 999368